Thursday, 13 March 2014

The Really Wild Flower Show

Here's an easy make...perhaps for Mothers Day or Easter?


I crossed a Kanzashi flower with a Suffolk Puff
and grew a happy hybrid.


Once the seed was sewn I couldn't stop.


My haberdashery was turning horticultural.


Nothing was safe...


I even pruned a shirt or two...


 some vintage curtains...


and an old skirt.


These two were cross polinated...


My scrappy grow bags are still growing...


but at least I now have some produce.


What do you do with your scraps?

Crafty ways make flowers grow.

EE xx

10 comments:

  1. Blimey, you have been busy. They're really pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy, busy, busy. They look fantabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are just gorgeous E,E. & I love your fabric combinations. I could just see them with a little brooch pin on the back or a hairclip perhaps .... or attached to the wrapping on a special gift ... hmmm ... the imagination boggles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make similar flowers with my fabric scraps too! I love the term horticultural haberdashery. I may havr to pinch it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ethel,

    I love what you made with your scraps, great gardening too.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great, I've not heard of a kanzashi flower before! I love all the different patterns together. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ethel,
    Love the lovely bouquet of flowers you
    have made. What will you do with them?
    Another project in the works then? lol
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete